Bioidentical Hormone Replacement for Women
With aging comes changes in the body, and for women changes in hormone levels result in menopause. Menopause can lead to a variety of undesirable effects. Some of these effects include hot flashes, night sweats, low energy levels, difficulty with memory, mood swings, weight gain and undesirable changes to skin texture. Menopause can cause many unwanted changes, but there is a solution.
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) is an excellent choice for a treatment for menopause. Hormone replacement therapy as a menopause treatment has been around for some time, but bioidentical hormone replacement therapy offers an important advantage over traditional hormone replacement therapy. Bioidentical hormones are chemically identical to the natural hormones produced within a woman’s body. This means they are recognized by a woman’s body as being the real deal, and for that reason they are much more effective at treating the unwanted effects of menopause.
What are some of the most important benefits of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy? When a woman experiencing menopause takes BHRT, this is just some of what she can expect to see:
- Reduction in Frequency and Severity of Hot Flashes Women who take bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can expect to have fewer, less severe hot flashes. This is the most important reason that many women take bioidentical hormones.
- Improved Cognitive Function Since hormones affect your ability to make decisions and remember important details, replacing them with what your body once made before menopause can certainly give your mind a much needed boost.
- Reduced Risk of Osteoporosis One of the most serious effects of menopause is increased risk of osteoporosis, which can lead to major and even deadly bone fractures. Supplementing with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is a great way to reduce this risk and keep your bones healthy and strong.
- Reduced Risk of Cardiovascular Disease Menopause can increase a woman’s risk of heart and other cardiovascular problems. When a woman elects to take bioidentical hormones, she is making the choice to reduce her risk of these issues.
- A Return of Youthful Zest Every woman wants to feel young on the inside and look her best on the outside. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can help bring back energy levels and increase overall enthusiasm for life. It can also help your skin retain its elasticity, which leads to a more youthful appearance.
Menopause leads to discomfort for the vast majority of women. For many of these women, the symptoms are severe enough to warrant hormone replacement therapy. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is exactly identical to what your body already makes, so it is clearly a superior choice. If you are looking for hormone replacement therapy, Kansas City has a solution for you. You do not need to suffer the dreaded symptoms of menopause any longer. It is possible to take the first step to treating your body to the natural hormones it craves by exploring whether bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is right for you.