Dr. Rafael Cruz, is a nationally recognized leader in Integrative Medicine. As a researcher, educator and clinician, Dr. Cruz has the credentials and experience that inspire confidence.
In his private practice, Kentuckiana Integrative Medicine, he provides a spectrum of advanced health solutions with an integrative, holistic focus. He believes in blending the best aspects of conventional / traditional medicine with Natural / Integrative Medicine. Some of the treatments offered include Platelet Rich Plasma and Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cell Injections, PX50 Injections, Prolotherapy Injections, Prolozone Injections for arthritic or injured joints, ligaments or tendons, Hormone Replacement, IV Nutrient Therapy, IV Vitamin C, IV Glutathione, Neural Therapy, Mayor Auto Hemotherapy with Ozone, Minor Auto Hemotherapy with Ozone, Ketamine IV Infusions [for Depression, PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety, Migraines and CRPS- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome / RSD-Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy], Low Dose Naltrexone, Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation, Peri-Spinal Etanercept for Stroke and Traumatic Brain Injury, Addiction Medicine, Suboxone, Alcohol and Drug Detoxification, NAD-Plus Therapy. These are developed for your unique needs and delivered with a sensitivity that can make a big difference in your healthcare experience.
Dr. Cruz partners with you and your doctor, providing the specialized care and extra support you need to reach optimal health. Contact us to learn more about his areas of expertise.
It’s a progressive approach to healthcare, backed by the specialized training and in-depth experience you and your doctor can trust.
- Dr. Rafael F Cruz, MD, ABEM, CIME
- Board-Certified: American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Fellow: American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Founding Member: American Academy of Ozone Therapy
- American Board Certified Independent Medical Examiner
- University of Louisville Anesthesia and Pain Procedure Training 2002-2004
- MD: Wright State School of Medicine
DETAILED BIO & Philosophy
- Rafael F. Cruz, M.D. ABEM, CIME
- Wright State School of Medicine – Dayton, Ohio
- Wright State University – Bachelors in Biology
- Emergency Medicine Residency – St. Vincent Hospital, Toledo, Ohio – 1993 to 1996
- Board Certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine – 1997 and 2007
- Fellow of American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Founding member of The Academy of Ozone Therapists www.aaot.usa
- Fellow of the Academy of Ozone Therapists and educator
- American College of Complimentary Medicine – Certified in Chelation Therapies
- Additional Training: Anesthesia – University of Louisville Department of Anesthesia – [2002 to 2004]
- Received training in anesthesia and traditional pain management procedures.
- Board Certified as Independent Medical Examiner 2014
- Advanced Training in Ultrasound Guided Platelet Rich Plasma Injections [PRP Injections] and
Umbilical Cord Blood Mesenchymal Stem Cell Injections for injured joints and ligaments to regrow new cartilage.
- Advanced Training in Platelet Rich Plasma Injections for male and female sexual health / rejuvenation and incontinence.
- Advanced Training in Ozone, Prolozone, Bladder Ozone for IC-Interstitial Cystitis/Recurrent UTIs and Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation-UBI.
- Advanced Training in Prolotherapy – Injections of dextrose, lidocaine and other medicines into painful joints and tendons in order to help strengthen and repair injured joints and ligaments. www.getprolo.com
- Advanced Training in Prolozone – Injections of Ozone [O3] into painful areas in order to help strengthen and repair injured joints and ligaments.
- Advanced Training in a wide variety of Medical and Natural Detoxification protocols for Drug and Alcohol Addiction, Suboxone Treatment, Addiction Medicine for [Heroin, Opiates, Meth, Cocaine and Alcohol], Naltrexone – Sinclair Method.
- Advanced Training in Ketamine Treatment of Depression, PTSD, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. www.ketamineadvocacynetwork.org
- Chelation Therapy – Removal of toxins and metals like mercury and lead from the body, strengthening the immune system, and increasing circulation, which can help reduce likelihood of health problems like heart disease, vascular disease and strokes.
- Ozone Auto-Hemotherapy – Administration of ozone (a molecule made of three oxygen atoms) mixed with a patient’s blood is re-administered IV to support the patient’s own self-healing immune system mechanisms and support the patient as they are treated for bronchitis, flu, shingles and recurrent cold sores and other problems.
- Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation Therapy – Application of ultraviolet irradiation to a patient’s blood, which is then re-administered to the patient through an IV to support the patient’s own self-healing immune system mechanisms and support the patient as they are treated for infections, shingles, cancer, rheumatoid arthritis and other diseases.
- Bio-identical Hormone Therapy – Creams, oral medication, injections and testosterone pellets for women and men with menopausal-type symptoms, including brain fog, insomnia, depression, low energy, sluggish sex life, hot flashes and other issues.
- Meyers/ Gabys IVs for energy, fatigue and fibromyalgia issues.
- Neural Therapy – Injection into old scars to restore balance and reduce pain for chronic pain and illness. It involves the injection of local anesthetics into autonomic ganglia, peripheral nerves, scars, glands, trigger points and other tissues. It is believed to act through normalizing the illness-related dysfunction of the nervous system. Even though certain Neural Therapy procedures are widely used in the U.S. (such as regional anesthesia, epidural injections and trigger-point injections). Neural Therapy as a comprehensive healing system is virtually unknown to most practitioners. In Europe’s German speaking countries. Neural Therapy has become one of the most widely used modalities in the treatment of chronic pain and intractable illness.
- If any of these therapies interest you, call 812-913-4416 for appointment. www.regenmedky.com
Office: Kentuckiana Integrative Medicine, 405 East Court Ave., Ste. 101, Jeffersonville, IN 47130
- Dr. Cruz’s Philosophy of Life and Medicine
- Dr. Rafael Cruz believes that when mind, spirit and body are in synch and provided with proper mental exercise, nutrition, physical exercise, meditation and prayer, then health and vitality will naturally flourish and accompany us as we will lead vigorous, healthy and dynamic lives. The question is what are you putting into your mind and body? Do you read positive books or watch the violent nightly news right before bed? Which do you think restores you? Do you eat wholesome, healthy foods, or unhealthy foods like diet soft drinks, artificial sweeteners, high fructose corn syrup, and most any “white foods” like sugar, bread and pasta? Are you passionate about your work and family? Are there changes with which you need help?
- In terms of maintaining good health, prevention is clearly the best offense as opposed to the reactive approach most of us take towards our health and lives. We all need coaches in our lives. As health coaches, doctors, other health care providers and our medical staff can assist and guide your path to recapturing and maintaining health. Remember, however, that you are the quarterback. Your health coaches can give you the plays, guidance and support, but it is you who must play the game of life and play to win, because your life truly depends on how you play the game.
- Dr. Cruz’s interest in Integrative Medicine began during his anesthesia training in the pain clinic. He saw that epidural steroid injections could be helpful but that usually relief of pain was limited and frequently did not work. A good result was pain relief for three to six months. He then began to learn about Prolotherapy injections that help to strengthen and regenerate injured joints and ligaments. Around the same time, his 55 year-old brother-in-law had a complete tear of his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) of the knee and was advised by three orthopedic surgeons to have surgery. Desperate to avoid surgery, Dr. Cruz’s brother-in-law found a physician Prolotherapist who injected his knee six times. This took place in 2004 and since those injections, he remains pain free and able to play golf and work.
- As Dr. Cruz practiced Emergency Medicine and saw patients suffering from many acute problems that could be prevented, his focus gradually shifted toward disease prevention through Integrative Medicine. He has studied numerous medical oxidative and integrative-regenerative medicine therapies.
- Ozone, a molecule with three oxygen atoms, has been found to be able to kill bacteria, fungus and viruses. Mayor and Minor Auto Hemotherapy have been found to boost the immune system and help support / prevent a wide variety of problems including infections, bronchitis, asthma, allergic reactions, recurrent mouth herpes cold sores and shingles. Ozone through olive oil can also be inhaled for difficult sinus, bronchitis and allergy cases and can also be administered via the ears with proper equipment for recurrent ear infections.
- Another interest of Dr. Cruz’s is the use of Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation (UBI) along with Ozone. Both treatments enhance the biochemical and physiological defenses of the body. Both Ozone and ultraviolet radiation have been used to purify water and treat sewage and can also purify the blood of contaminants in the form of germs. This therapy is useful in many conditions, including infections, rheumatoid arthritis and circulatory issues.
- Dr. Cruz also specializes in Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). Male and female menopausal symptoms (“MENopause” for hormone imbalance in men) can really make a patient miserable. Fortunately, these symptoms can generally be effectively and safely treated with Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), which can help dramatically to restore health and function.
- Dr. Cruz looks forward to the honor of acting as your health coach and physician, while you play quarterback in the game of life.